Wednesday, December 5, 2012

what can i do music video


Sally Shapiro - "What Can I Do" from stereogum on Vimeo.

At the end of the summer I was working on a music video for Swedish artist and resident Sally Shapiro who is on Canadian record label Paper Bag Records. It is my first time directing so was stoked to see it premier earlier this week on music blog heavy weight, Stereogum. You can also read my thoughts on the video's press release on some sites like Earbuddy. Also here are a couple nice reviews from Prefix magazine and Exclaim. Who say:
"The whimsical dreaminess of the song and the music video go together hand in hand."
and
"...keep your eyes peeled for the triceratops in a separate spaceship. We have no idea how that guy is running the controls."

Here are some early sketches of what I thought the rocket could look like, I ended up going with the bottom left one.


"What Can I Do" is the first single from Sally Shapiro's upcoming album Somewhere Else, which will be released at the end of February 2013. She hasn't released a new album since 2009, so I'm really excited to hear what her and Johan Agebjörn will come up for this new offering. Check out the track list below:

01 “Prescript”
02 “I Dream With An Angel Tonight”
03 “All My Life”
04 “This City’s Local Italo Disco DJ Has A Crush On Me”
05 “What Can I Do”
06 “If It Doesn’t Rain”
07 “Sundown”
08 “Starman” (Feat. Electric Youth)
09 “Lives Together”
10 “Don’t Be Afraid” (Feat. Anoraak)
11 “Architectured Love” (Feat. Le Prix)
12 “Postscript”

No comments:

Post a Comment