Sunday, January 1, 2012

fast forward weekly cover






















FFWD VOL. 17 NO. 4

On December 29th the year end wrap up issue of Calgary's news & entertainment alt weekly, Fast Forward, was released. Since it was a bit of a different kind of issue for the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 they wanted a bit of a different cover. They decided to go with a comic style cover, and I was lucky enough to be chosen to create it! They wanted something "self deprecating", and I was a bit worried that my idea may be too self deprecating when I sent it off, so I was really excited when they ended up giving it the go ahead.

You can consider this a special edition of Still Here and a return after the holiday break. It's been on my bucket list to do a FFWD cover, so I was happy to be able to cap off 2011 with my first cover on news stands. They'll be around until January 4th so go check out a copy if you get the chance.....and HAPPY 2012!

Below is a rough of the cover, before I tackled the final, as well as a gratuitous picture of myself (picture curtesy of Christine).


No comments:

Post a Comment